RE: screensavers

From: Andrew Kavanagh (andrewk@spray-quip.com)
Date: 08/20/01

From: Andrew Kavanagh <andrewk@spray-quip.com>
To: Focus-Ms <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>, Vladimir Shtern <vladis@avicatech.com>
Subject: RE: screensavers
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:13:19 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Shtern [mailto:vladis@avicatech.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 3:06 PM
To: Andrew Kavanagh

At 10:21 AM 8/20/01, you wrote:
>I also have a few users who use Webshots as a screensaver. This
screensaver
>can be used as a trojan? How so? I'm interested in finding out more about
>this issue as well.
>
>Andrew Kavanagh
>IT Manager
>Spray-Quip Ltd.
the point is not a specific "webshots", but screensavers in large, cause of
their ability
to run/execute a code
-vs

Ok... I was thinking you were talking specifically about WebShots and
vunerable code within that particular program. Doesn't hurt to make sure :)

Andrew

Relevant Pages

  • RE: screensavers
    ... Subject: screensavers ... I never had problems with the older versions of webshots. ... After the install, check the ... add/remove programs to see if anything else was installed. ...