RE: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: Rich Corbett (RichC@loehmanns.com)
Date: 08/20/01

From: Rich Corbett <RichC@loehmanns.com>
To: "'FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM'" <FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
Subject: RE: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:00:25 -0400

Although MS's release of hfnetchk is a positive step in the right direction,
I feel that a utility that would operate similar to the redhat linux
'up2date' would be perfect. A utility that an administrator or support
person could run that would give them the ability to scan & update systems
via the utility. A MS up2date would be great in that it could keep the
steps down to one (instead of running hfnetchk, then putting together
qchain, etc.).

Just some food for thought.