Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: Mike Leone (turgon@mike-leone.com)
Date: 08/16/01

From: "Mike Leone" <turgon@mike-leone.com>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:33:03 -0400

> Some corrections:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itsolutio
ns/security/news/w2ksp2.asp
> > says MS00-077 is included in SP2.
>
> MS (or at least someone who works there) pointed out that MS00-077 has
been
> updated, and the updated version is not in SP2, so it's valid to report it
as
> missing, even if you have SP2

Seems to me then it should have at least said "Out of date patch; apply the
newer version".
There's been more than one patch re-issued.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL and IIS with Windows XP SP2 Issues
    ... Got that configuration and not had any issues with SP2. ... IIS and changing the version on the ASP.NET tab back to 1.1. ... SQL server 2005 Express Yukon Beta has a different data provider, ...
  • Windows XP SP2 effects on SQL and IIS
    ... SQL and IIS being run under windows XP SP2? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • SQL and IIS with Windows XP SP2 Issues
    ... SQL and IIS being run under windows XP SP2? ...
  • Re: Navigation bar
    ... Did you try going to Help and check for updates? ... I too just tried looking at "about Publisher" and found no mention of SP2, ... >> your web, go back to the original Publisher file, make the corrections ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Ent MS Svr 2003, Ent MS SQL Svr 2005, SQL SP2 failed at end
    ... I have a Enterprise edition Server 2003 running the Enterprise Edition of SQL ... I recently upgraded the MS Server 2003 to SP2, we also have the SQL Express ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)