Re: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5

From: Laura A. Robinson (
Date: 08/16/01

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <>
To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:21:19 -0400

Have you tried installing IE6?

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 4:14 PM
Subject: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5

> I have a user trying to access a web site that requires a login. IE kept
shutting down w/ Dr Watson before she could negotiate the warning screen
about accessing a secure site. I went to Tool bar=>InternetOptions=>
> content=> certificates and the radio button does not function. Hm-m-
sounds like certificate problems.
> I tried to deinstall IE and am only allowed to repair or revert to
previous version. Went back to version 4 and then re-installed IE5.5 sp1.
> file errors: CAPI Install prog could not open signature file crypt.dll.
May not be installed or corrupted. Another error associated with
icmfilter.dll, etc.
> I've done the re-install 2x.
> Any ideas short of reloading the OS to get a good IE back in the machine?
> This limits the user to non-secure sites that do not require certificate
> Thanks in advance for assistance.
> Jim McFarlen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: KB956841 security update
    ... Center, move it to a thumb drive, and then attempt installing it to the ... security update appears on the list to be installed. ... re-install it appears on the list of installed security items. ... safe to un-install it, ...
  • Re: LangWdbk.dll not a valid windows image
    ... choro wrote: ... Windows Defender cannot start presumably because it was disabled when I ... I'll just have to re-install the newer version the ... AM3 quatro CPU but haven't got round to installing any other software on it. ...
  • Re: Is a periodic fresh install recommended?
    ... I have yet to do a full re-install on my XP. ... postings where people get a lot of errors after installing Service Packs, ... slipstreaming the newly available Service Pack. ... As for me - I have my slipstreamed SP2 install CD handy alongwith the latest ...
  • Errors Msg "Error Running Scripts" Norton Personal Firewall
    ... Talk with Norton first. ... >Norton's Personal Firewall, all 2002 edtition. ... but stalls when installing them. ... >I tried to uninstall and re-install Norton Utilities and ...
  • RE: Excel keeps crashing when I try to format any cells?
    ... Would you suggest removing office and installing office from ... > With a clean re-install of Office, and the problem remaining on any file, ... see if you still have the format problem in Excel. ... if the offending files work fine on another computer and any file ...