Re: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5

From: Laura A. Robinson (larobins@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 08/16/01

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <larobins@bellatlantic.net>
To: <Gu1tarb0y@aol.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:21:19 -0400

Have you tried installing IE6?

Laura
----- Original Message -----
From: <Gu1tarb0y@aol.com>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 4:14 PM
Subject: Cryptext.dll problem with IE 5.5

> I have a user trying to access a web site that requires a login. IE kept
shutting down w/ Dr Watson before she could negotiate the warning screen
about accessing a secure site. I went to Tool bar=>InternetOptions=>
> content=> certificates and the radio button does not function. Hm-m-
sounds like certificate problems.
> I tried to deinstall IE and am only allowed to repair or revert to
previous version. Went back to version 4 and then re-installed IE5.5 sp1.
Numerous
> file errors: CAPI Install prog could not open signature file crypt.dll.
May not be installed or corrupted. Another error associated with
icmfilter.dll, etc.