Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: Laura A. Robinson (larobins@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 08/16/01

From: "Laura A. Robinson" <larobins@bellatlantic.net>
To: "Adcock, Matt" <Matthew.Adcock@GSCCCA.ORG>, "'Stadler, Brian T'" <bstadler@ukans.edu>, <flynngn@jmu.edu>
Subject: Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:00:16 -0400

Actually, workstation logon restrictions, clusters and some applications
require NetBIOS, even in a pure Windows 2000 environment. You can disable
NetBIOS as long as you have none of these things.

Laura A. Robinson
Technical Instructor/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, CLI, PCLP
IntelliMark Pennsylvania Division