Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

From: Gary Flynn (flynngn@jmu.edu)
Date: 08/15/01

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:51:21 -0400
From: Gary Flynn <flynngn@jmu.edu>
To: "Thomas C. Greene" <tcgreene@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: MS patch-scanner for Win-NT, 2K, IIS, SQL

"Thomas C. Greene" wrote:

> which will scan all NT and/or 2K machines in a network from a single
> location
>
> information such as the files in each patch and their file versions
> and checksums, registry keys that would be applied by the hotfix,

Is it safe to assume that the scanning machine must have remote
administrative access to the machines to be checked in order to
check those files and registry settings?

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services

Please R.U.N.S.A.F.E. http://www.jmu.edu/computing/info-security/engineering/runsafe.shtml

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Editing the registry to allow windows updates to run automatically on XP
    ... but the check box immediately deselects itself. ... Supposedly Registry keys are one of the things ... BTW I imagine you might get better help from the security newsgroup ... >> I have done this on several XP machines with great success. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Easy GPO Question - Setting Registry Keys
    ... unhandy work for deploying one registry key to all machines. ... using ZEN for deploying software and we used it for setting registry keys, ... >> isn't local administrator of his client. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Unable to view html source code
    ... > I have two PCs on a home network sharing one cable internet connection. ... > both machines the IE options are exactly the same. ... Check registry keys ... Next you should delete IE temporary files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Deplying WSUS in a NON-Active Directory environment.
    ... I'm trying to deploy WSUS in a Non-Active Directory Environment and I ... it could be modifying the registry values through logon script. ... have W2000 machines and I'm not sure about registry keys are the same ... Aside, we have about 500 machines and 90% of them are XP SP2, in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: sysocmgr.exe be used to add components to a pre-existed build.
    ... registry keys that you know are in the old image to carry forward. ... Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit ... machines in the field. ... I have been sooo disapointed with idiff. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)