RE: Security on Public NT4 Workstations

From: NT Security (ntsecurity@knightworld.net)
Date: 08/14/01

Subject: RE: Security on Public NT4 Workstations
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:36:24 -0700
From: "NT Security" <ntsecurity@knightworld.net>
To: "Jeff Longland" <jlonglan@newtecumseth.library.on.ca>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

These actually look like good suggestions from Micro$, to me anyway.
But... even if you are not on a domain, you can still set up policies.
Policies do not have to update from the \\server\netlogon folder. You
can create your NTconfig.pol, place it somewhere on the hard drive, and
have your system update the policies from this new local location. I've
had to something similar to this in the past.