Re: Accessing mail from the web

From: Walter Park (wpark@miller.cs.uwm.edu)
Date: 08/13/01

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:20:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: Walter Park <wpark@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To: Andrew Langton <andrew.langton@BabcockBrown.com>
Subject: Re: Accessing mail from the web

Check out the imp stuff on www.horde.org. It's free and works ok.
emu mail looks like it's pay per, and the squirrel mail website seems to
be having trouble right now so I dunno what it's about.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Andrew Langton wrote:

> We have an Exchange server, and are looking to have access to email from the
> web enabled for our users. Obviously we would rather not have an IIS server
> in our DMZ... I have quickly glanced at two products, Emu Webmail
> (http://www.emumail.com/solutions/webmail/) and Squirrelmail
> (http://www.squirrelmail.org/index.php). I was wondering if anyone has used
> either of these products, or if there is some other secure way of doing
> this?
>
> Andrew Langton.

 Walter J Park Senior Systems Programmer
 wpark@cs.uwm.edu University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
"An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he
knows everything about nothing." --Unknown