Re: Key strokes logger

From: Meritt James (meritt_james@bah.com)
Date: 07/31/01

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:48:35 -0400
From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james@bah.com>
To: centipede <centiped@netvision.net.il>
Subject: Re: Key strokes logger

If auditing is enabled on NT systems, the information which you claim
interest (and NOT passwords) is recorded. (Including failures, of
course!). Enable full (and I mean FULL) auditing for an interval.
Beware of exceeding the disk space available- there is a LOT of data!

Why would you want (as in the original request) passwords associated
with usernames?

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Key strokes logger
    ... Enable full auditing for an interval. ... Why would you want passwords associated ... centipede wrote: ... > failures no less than the successes. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Unknown user name or bad password
    ... These are failures which is good;-) Keep strong passwords in effect. ... "Chad" wrote in message ... > daily log, I always get one or two "Unknown user name or ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Key strokes logger
    ... analyzing login attempts. ... NT auditing will log both attempts as the same thing, ... what usernames and passwords have been/are being attempted could be ... 'login failure for administrator' in the logs might look like a typo. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IIS Basic Auth logon failure
    ... No special characters in their user names or passwords. ... As far as auditing, it is on; ... >> Authentication; by the log entry, ...
  • Re: solid backdoor using certificates?
    ... So this is a simple examples of digital certificates and passwords being ... and failed attempt locking, auditing etc can be rigorously applied. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)