Item.Send Security Warning

From: Thor@HammerofGod.com
Date: 07/31/01

From: Thor@HammerofGod.com
To: FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: Item.Send Security Warning
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:08:26 -0700

Greetings.

Outlook 2000 SP2 and Outlook 2002 (XP) have a security feature where a
confirmation dialog box appears any time a VBA application uses the Outlook
object's Item.Send method to send an email. The user must wait 5 seconds,
and then confirm the action.

Developer support notified me that there is no way to disabled this security
feature.

I can use CDO objects on servers, and see where Exchange's WorkFlow object
allows for the sending of email messages, but these are from the server...
Doe anyone have any magic way of bypassing this feature from the clients
perspective while staying within VBA (not shelling to blat or the like...)

Thanks.

---------------------------------
Attonbitus Deus
Thor@HammerofGod.Com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: message delivery problems
    ... Contact postmasters of those servers and ask for an clarification. ... into the port 25 into the remote server, it gives me a security warning and kicks me out. ... Sometimes it is because the remote system won't accept mail from you because you don't have a PTR record or their is some other type of DNS problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: [HV-HIGH] Microsoft Jet DB engine vulnerabilities
    ... > signed and let the user disable VBA execution. ... Access 2003 on WinXP SP2 throws a security warning when I open any ... I believe that's new with WinXP SP2. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Check and map Network drive
    ... Is there code in VBA to map a network drive like this: ... "F:\Databses\Msaccess" where the F drive is on 1 of the servers. ... startup. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Item.Send Security Warning
    ... Subject: Item.Send Security Warning ... Outlook object does not. ... Actually this feature is present from SR1a with e-mail security update. ... I can use CDO objects on servers, and see where Exchange's WorkFlow object ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Is there ways to by-pass the Security warning using VBA to send ma
    ... "slimla" wrote: ... > Is there a way to by pass the Security warning when we use VBA to generate ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)