From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of M. Boelen
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 13:55
To: focus-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tool] Unix auditing, Lynis 1.2.5

A new version of Lynis is available, which includes currently over 200 tests to
assist auditors and security administrators to audit their Unix machines. The
tool can be executed without a required installation and displays the outcome of
the tests on the screen. Extended information can be found in the log file,
including all the results of tests.

After many releases I want to ask to try this new version and give me input about
what you like to see when checking Unix systems for their security strenghts and

More information and a download link can be found on the project page:

Michael Boelen
Original author of Rootkit Hunter and Lynis -