Re: Vulnerability and Patch-Management in Linux (and other Unix)

One word of caution with apt is if you use stable it will get major version updates when they move to a new stable project. With later installs of etch they have changed the default source.list to use etch instead of stable. This prevents any issues when project moves happen. I am sure Ubuntu will have something similar.

Hope that is helpful.

John Kunkel