From: Matthew Lee Hinman [mailto:matthew.hinman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:21 PM
To: JP Vicente
Cc: focus-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Linux Hardening

The tool is still being actively developed and supported. 3.09 is indeed the latest verion (found here: http://bastille-linux.sourceforge.net/index.html)
Can you give a little bit more info about how this isn't working on later versions of Linux? (like an error message, etc)

- Lee

* jvicente@xxxxxxxx <jvicente@xxxxxxxx> [2007-10-11 12:36:39 -0000]:

Hi,

I was looking for a Linux hardening tool. I found Bastille. The latest = version that I was able to find is 3.09. I cannot seem to get this = version to work on later versions of Linux (RHEL 5, FC 6,7) = distributions.

Is this tool still being supported? Is there a similar tool out there?

Thanks in advance,

JP

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

  • Re: Linux Hardening
    ... Given that Bastille hasn't yet been built for RHEL5 and FC7 (hence why ... Couldn't determine Red Hat version! ... Valid display found; defaulting to Tk interface. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Command that displays flavor or Linux
    ... command that will display which flavor or Linux I am dealing with. ... example, SUSE, Red Hat, etc.. ... but none of the switches display the OS nice ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux Hardening
    ... Couldn't determine Red Hat version! ... Valid display found; defaulting to Tk interface. ... Sorry but I've only tested it on debian based linux systems... ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Xing to SuSE desktop
    ... I manage several Red Hat linux servers. ... Hat to get the RH program to display on the SuSE machine? ... Unable to initialize graphical environment. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Network Interface shuts down?!?!?!
    ... > I am new to Linux, I have had a small amount of success with Red Hat ... I have some shares and other VMWARE machines that are running on my ... > down the interface. ... Mar 14 21:37:39 localhost network: Shutting down loopback interface: ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)