RE: mail antivirus

Hi,

The solution depends of what use you're making of the mailserver.
If it's for a home network with only a few users, clamav + amavisd-new is a
good solution. If you want a mail server for a small (or even large)
business unit, have a look at maia mailguard (maiamailguard.com), a complete
virus and spam management system, which combines amavisd-new + SpamAssassin
+ dspam.
http://maiamailguard.com/maia/wiki

Regards,

Ludo Lenière

Relevant Pages

  • postfix + clamav = problems
    ... I've not yet been able to get postfix to successfully scan anything (via amavisd-new) toward clamav. ... What seems to be the problem, and I can't find the right keywords for google to help me is that clamd (after it initializes and creates the socket, the daemon itself never responds to anything. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: ClamAV & Amavisd-new (was Re: exim3 + amavis-new + clamav (clamd)- Help!)
    ... Subject: ClamAV & Amavisd-new (was Re: exim3 + amavis-new + clamav (clamd)- ... SuSE 8.2 and Windows ME. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: amavisd-new? clamav? razor? anyone?
    ... > for amavisd-new, clamav and razor are outdated. ... # Init script for AMaViS email virus scanner. ... # Modified by Marius Andreiana. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fetchyahoo to amavisd-new?
    ... I have a problem with my configuration, and I would need some help. ... I just installed amavisd-new and clamav on my mail server running ... postfix/procmail. ... I was thinking about piping fetchyahoo to procmail and call clamav from ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Spam/AV filtering
    ... amavisd-new works as a sort of in-between tool between the MTA and ... > a champ but that's all it did. ... without something like amavis (there's more than just amavisd-new) ...
    (freebsd-questions)