Re: understanding chkrootkit and rkhunter logs

Hi Ale,

eth0: PACKET SNIFFER(/sbin/dhclient[2181])
You don't need to worry about this if you're really obtaining your IP address via DHCP on eth0. dhclient really acts as a packet sniffer (it listens in promisc mode) but that's normal.

The other files/directories seem to be OK as well (at least I have them on Debian too :)) but you can still google a bit about that if you feel worried.

Cheers,
Bence

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The 25 Club
    ... Some guy who just plays the same Sinatra CD over and over in his car ... every day likely knows less about music than somebody who listens to ... So why would you assume that if a person is more familiar with The Doors than just four or five oldies, they don't listen to other acts. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Historicity of Scripture (was Re: Common Sense on Gay Rights)
    ... "A good Jew is one who prays like God ... listens and acts like He doesn't." ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: The 25 Club
    ... Some guy who just plays the same Sinatra CD over and over in his car every day likely knows less about music than somebody who listens to lots of different acts. ... The week before that I listened to "The Best of Janis Joplin" CD every day as I drove back and forth to work. ... The week before that I listened to a James Taylor hits CD every day as I drove back and forth to work. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Ending Parentheses on TCL Options
    ... This is what I really like about working with QM and Ladybridge. ... vendor that listens, responds, considers, and acts. ... Kevin Powick ...
    (comp.databases.pick)