AW: Re: Selecting OS for High-availability/mission-critical web p ortal

Hi all!

If you want to build up a web server with these requirements, you won`t be
satisfied with any distro.
I think you will need to build up your binaries on your own.
A critical server won`t have any paket manager at all.
And other reqs like a statically linked kernel build for your hardware isn`t
found in an distro.
So, help yourself and build up from source. Maybe LFS will help you.

Best regards.
Christoph Gruber, CISM
Chief Security Officer
WAVE Solutions for IT GmbH
Nordbergstrasse 13
A - 1090 Wien
Tel.: +4317173053514
Mobile: +436648122661
Email: christoph.gruber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux Security Is A Myth says Microsoft.
    ... security concerns && I can online-update whth one click and in Yast I ... mainstream distro. ... web server and web-databases. ...
  • Re: best distro for 486
    ... > an internet station or even a web server. ... > and preferably more modern like Debian or Slackware. ... I haven't tried to use any other distro for it. ...
  • Re: A mailserver distribution
    ... >> Looks nice, even if using an outdated distro, it shouldn't be hard to ... >> apply to a recent distro. ... > That was a confusing page; he's listed a web server and other things that ...
  • Re: best distro for 486
    ... > an internet station or even a web server. ... > which distro would be optimal for it? ... MB of RAM and I run an Apache web server and an Samba file server on it. ... Jim ...
  • Re: Using http server on Windows 2003 server
    ... Best regards ... I am planning to set up a web server on this machine, ... Microsoft support did not give a straight answer. ... I should purchase a terminal server call ...