AW: Re: Selecting OS for High-availability/mission-critical web p ortal

Hi all!

If you want to build up a web server with these requirements, you won`t be
satisfied with any distro.
I think you will need to build up your binaries on your own.
A critical server won`t have any paket manager at all.
And other reqs like a statically linked kernel build for your hardware isn`t
found in an distro.
So, help yourself and build up from source. Maybe LFS will help you.

Best regards.
--
Christoph Gruber, CISM
Chief Security Officer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux Security Is A Myth says Microsoft.
    ... security concerns && I can online-update whth one click and in Yast I ... mainstream distro. ... web server and web-databases. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: best distro for 486
    ... > an internet station or even a web server. ... > and preferably more modern like Debian or Slackware. ... I haven't tried to use any other distro for it. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: A mailserver distribution
    ... >> Looks nice, even if using an outdated distro, it shouldn't be hard to ... >> apply to a recent distro. ... > That was a confusing page; he's listed a web server and other things that ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: best distro for 486
    ... > an internet station or even a web server. ... > which distro would be optimal for it? ... MB of RAM and I run an Apache web server and an Samba file server on it. ... Jim ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Using http server on Windows 2003 server
    ... Best regards ... I am planning to set up a web server on this machine, ... Microsoft support did not give a straight answer. ... I should purchase a terminal server call ...