Re: How to check UID of process on the other side of local TCP/UDP connection

Anyways, I would prefer to stick with TCP/UDP, because this is what my
programs use already, and I don't really want to change everything to
Unix sockets (unless of course Unix sockets are the only good way to
resolve my problems).

I don't want to go off-topic but i have an important question. Isn't a socket a concept that translates an address and port? How would someone go about doing tcp/udp without sockets when they both depend on address/port mappings which are _literally_ sockets?

Am i wrong?

Thanks for reading

Filipe

Relevant Pages