Re: How to check UID of process on the other side of local TCP/UDP connection

On 11/24/06, rainmailbox2001-ola@xxxxxxxx <rainmailbox2001-ola@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you have any ideas how this local
authentication can be achieved in some
different way?
identd
fstat (BSD)
lsof(Linux)

Unix sockets (unless of course Unix sockets are
the only good way to
resolve my problems).
SCM_CREDS (BSD)
SO_PEERCRED (Linux)

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vladimir Mitiouchev

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Problems With Linux
    ... > Here are the problems with Linux: ... programmers of UNIX, Open Source software, and Shareware. ... programs only available from BSD. ... BSD code is used by Microsoft in it's Windows NT/9x/2K/XP code. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: I give up on Vista! Going back to XP.
    ... BSD doesn't get the updates as often as OSX or even ... It's incredibly easy to install and update. ... I'll stick with Linux for now. ... to go with multiple drives. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: 2020: Will BSD and Linux be relevant anymore?
    ... switched thousands of desktop to Linux recently. ... in order to get costs down and productivity up, ... no alternative to abandoning "Windows". ... I don't see any chance to manage a large client-server-cloud with BSD ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Wasting our Freedom
    ... someone took the linux kernel source from the official repository, ... removed the GPL license and dedicated the work to public domain or put ... core kernel community, and the FSF, are distinct, and while they might ... and removal of the BSD license text, and that is one where the SFLC ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Easiest desktop BSD distro
    ... with a distro is to adopt it as my main distro (for web browsing, ... FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD ... These OSes in the Linux world are typically called Linux "distributions", ...
    (freebsd-questions)