Re: spambots and dictionary attacks

On Friday 17 November 2006 08:02, rowland onobrauche wrote:
I would like to hear from anyone that has successfully blocked
spambots or dictionary attacks without the need of another server in
between your mailserver and the senders.
The mailserver on my end is exim and it is actually a virtual server,
so i cannot really edit the exim.conf file, but have access to access,
virtusertable, trustedusers and sendmail.cw.

regards
rowland

Do you mean a mail proxy between the cloud and your existing mail server, or
what?
--
Greg Metcalfe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: spambots and dictionary attacks
    ... spambots or dictionary attacks without the need of another server ... in between your mailserver and the senders. ... Do you mean a mail proxy between the cloud and your existing mail ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: spambots and dictionary attacks
    ... spambots or dictionary attacks without the need of another server ... in between your mailserver and the senders. ... Do you mean a mail proxy between the cloud and your existing mail ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: Gradual move to own mail server - strategy for noob
    ... Build a mailserver, set up DNS MX records for your domain. ... New FreeBSD server so far only operating as a Samba server. ... IMAP server on my FreeBSD box (and using Maildir is my instinctive ... Install Procmail to deliver messages in Maildir format (to users' home ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Mailserver system (postfix, sendmail or qmail ?)
    ... > I want to set up a mailserver on a FC3 system. ... I have access to a registered web site and its ... To me able to have mail in a mail client as well as via a web browser, ... you would set up an IMAP server on your server machine and let procmail ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Email Security question: Hijacked email !!! was: [opensuse] Vista
    ... First you have to find out which mailserver you have to contact. ... Spammers OTOH usually abuse the server with the highest number. ... (port 25 is the default SMTP port) ... Sending email with telnet on port 25 ...
    (SuSE)