Re: Detecting Brute-Force and Dictionary attacks

Hi,

I have just released a project that I use for this purpose on servers
I manage, though it can be and is used for many other purposes as
well as it is a general log monitoring framework for *nix based hosts.

http://lmf.sf.net/

Regards,
Max

Relevant Pages

  • Re: reverse web proxy
    ... I could stick 20 firewalls back to back to back and as long as the routes ... works it has to have the published servers define their gatewqay as the ISA ... mind) defeats the purpose of only wanting ISA to be a reverse web proxy ... No it does not, defeat the purpose. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Newbie: Help Excluding Records from a Table using multiple rows from another table
    ... App_ID int ... (Purpose: Maps Svrs to Applications) ... I want to Return All of the Servers not Assigned ... Loop to handle the multiple rows, but the examples I've seen on ...
  • Re: NTP architecture with virtual machines for stratum-2 ?
    ... The only purpose could be redundancy, ... It is a good idea to have multiple ultimate time sources, because individual vendors have been know to have glitches. ... Try not to rely on any one tech overly much, otherwise ifg there is a glitch it my override the other, correct, servers. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Active Directory in DMZ - security
    ... Probably because DCs shouldn't be placed on DMZ, but if you want to take the risk and because the only purpose is to serve DMZ servers the best that I can think of at the moment is to use IPSec to restrict communications only between the DC and the servers that need AD access, don't forget to closely monitor those servers and define actions in case of security risk or failure, also have a look at: ...
  • Re: Bridgeheads
    ... The first site - Austin - has no servers listed. ... selected under the box "This server is a preferred bridgehead server for ... I really don't think they are serving any purpose. ...