Detecting brute force attacks

I wrote a script to detect brute force attacks by watching log files.

If you want to try it it is here: http://www.ducksfeet.com/nic2/secwatch/index.html

--
Rock is dead! Long live paper and scissors! Nic Stevens (nic dot stevens at gee mail daught com) -- http://www.ducksfeet.com/nic

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re 2008 Stock Picking Contest
    ... if there ever was a time for terrorist to strike it's be like the spanish elections they hit just before the elections and it shifted the balance to the doves ... I am a fricking Rock Star.. ... I am closer to dead than res-erecting my legend years... ... Some days I go Dead Head with well aged tye dyed clothing.... ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: What happened to popular music???
    ... also wondering if POPULAR music isn't also DEAD. ... The "mainstream" ain't what it used to be. ... respect to "popular" music and rock. ... older than me- I loved listening to Motown and Stax on AM as ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: My emails to Robert Hunter regarding his impact and future relevance
    ... The most impressive all-instrumental rock performance I ever saw was by Jeff ... I wonder if the reason rock needs lyrics isn't related to one essential ... pieces, not by common people with a few simple instruments, they need ... For all the half-hour jams it remains that the key member of the Dead always ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: What happened to popular music???
    ... also wondering if POPULAR music isn't also DEAD. ... The "mainstream" ain't what it used to be. ... respect to "popular" music and rock. ... older than me- I loved listening to Motown and Stax on AM as ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: What happened to popular music???
    ... also wondering if POPULAR music isn't also DEAD. ... with respect to "popular" music and rock. ... Metal fans. ... temporarily abandoned guitar so I could keep gigging and wound up in a ...
    (alt.guitar)