Dynamic firewall based on bandwidth usage ?

Hello,
I have a common problem but cannot find a solution.

My setup :
all servers are Redhat Enterprise 4
CISCO PIX in front on a HTTP load Balancer/failover (called a director in the L.V.S. jargon) that sends requests to 4 web servers (cluster setup based on Linux Virtual Server include in redhat cluster suite).

Now my prob :-)

From time to time users download our site and block all http connexion, and worst, use all our bandwidth. So I have to block (or redirect) those network abusers after a download limit (for ex : 1Gb per day) for lets say 1day.

Because of the director, I cannot use the apache2 mod_cband.

My first though is to look at the iptables on the director but I cannot find any information about that kind of setup.

Do you know if it is possible using build in linux tools(iptables ?).

If not, do you know some hardware appliance that could do that ?

Thanks !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Small Redundant web/mail setup
    ... Subject: Small Redundant web/mail setup ... would serve these files via nfs to the application servers. ... get good hardware. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: oops with dual xeon 2.8ghz  4gb ram +smp,qsoftware=A0raid?=,qlvm?=,qand=A0xfs?=
    ... fairly similar setup as yours: ... Running XFS, exporting via NFS ... I have seen quite a lot of Oops's on these servers, ... Regarding ext3... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Simple setup of domain servers for school labs
    ... routines that perform network setup, user setup, server configuration and ... 2003 SP2 servers setup by a number of contractors. ... all limping along in school labs. ... site support or central support. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Antivirus in FC3?
    ... >> a few more people succeed with the setup it will probably be included ... export the home directories to all the servers and do network ... No doubt they are finding that IDEALX scripts need a bunch of work ... manage the LDAP data. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New External DNS
    ... Looking to setup two DNS servers NAT'd to the outside world. ... rather than setting up primary and secondary zones each time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)