Application level proxy for POP3/SMTP protocol

Hi all,

I'm in a sticky situation now because of the filtering of internet traffic out from China. Our users in china have got alot of problems connecting to our servers here to pop their emails and as a result, we have to get a server up in a datacentre in china and setup ssh port forwarding on the server in china. Here is the flow :

chinese users --> china server (high port. eg: 10000 depending on which local server they are connecting to) --> ssh tunnel --> local server (POP3 port)

The users in china will connect to our china server like this : china.mail.domain.com:50000. Port 50000 is actually an ssh tunnel to our local servers on port 110 here.

Problem is we do have a hugh number of servers and it will be hard to keep track of the big number of ssh tunnels/ports opened up from china to our local servers. Any of you know of any good application level proxy that will redirect users based on the result of their dns records? For example, users connecting to the china server running this proxy will be redirected based on the IP address returned when the proxy do a dig on mail.domain.com or mail2.domain.com and redirect them promptly to port 110 of either mail.domain.com or mail2.domain.com depending on the dig result being returned.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..!!!

-zhihao

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Split site into more sites or force GC usage?
    ... Unfortunately I will not be able to ship promoted servers to the locations. ... me to ship a promoted VM server files to the location. ... The speed should be fine for replication, for the first built up you can ... I now have users in china and UK ...
  • Re: Site not viewable in China
    ... See if any sites on this shared server wave a red ... Some site exclusion rules (over in China) could be based on ... but the only way to have a definite answer is to ask the Chinese ISP's ... Search engines are believed to take this into account ...
    (uk.net.web.authoring)
  • Re: Split site into more sites or force GC usage?
    ... me to ship a promoted VM server files to the location. ... the server then make the site changes or do I make the site changes then ... The speed should be fine for replication, for the first built up you can ... I now have users in china and UK ...
  • Re: Application level proxy for POP3/SMTP protocol
    ... Our users in china have got alot of problems connecting to our servers here to pop their emails and as a result, we have to get a server up in a datacentre in china and setup ssh port forwarding on the server in china. ... Any of you know of any good application level proxy that will redirect users based on the result of their dns records? ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Split site into more sites or force GC usage?
    ... promote the server and then check that it is moved to the correct site after protion. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... The speed should be fine for replication, for the first built up you ... Small offices in China and UK were opened with less than 12 users ...