Version 0.8 of OSSEC HIDS is now available (for Unix and Windows)
- From: Daniel Cid <danielcid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:53:54 -0300 (ART)
OSSEC HIDS is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion
Detection System. It performs log analysis, integrity
checking, rootkit detection, time-based alerting and
It runs on most operating systems, including Linux,
OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris and Windows.
This is the first version offering native support for
Windows (XP/2000/2003). It includes as well a new set
of log analysis rules for sendmail, web logs (Apache
and IIS), IDSs and Windows authentication events.
The correlation rules for squid, mail logs, firewall
events and authentication systems have been improved,
now detecting scans, worms and internal attacks.
The active-responses were also refined, with support
IPFW (FreeBSD) added.
The installation process was re-organized, now
including simpler configuration options and
to 6 different languages (English, Portuguese, German,
Turkish, Polish and Italian).
To download the Unix and Windows versions:
Windows support information:
Use our mailling list if you have questions or
Daniel B. Cid
dcid @ ( at )ossec.net
Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.
- Prev by Date: SF new column announcement: The quest for ring 0 (fwd)
- Next by Date: Linux's security
- Previous by thread: SF new column announcement: The quest for ring 0 (fwd)
- Next by thread: Linux's security