Re: Begs a question: AV in Linux

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 15:01 +0200, Alexander Klimov wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Benson, Sean M wrote:
> > Should you run an anti-virus on linux for non-work issues?
> > (Just home Workstations, Laptops, etc.. not mail servers.)
>
> Just answer the following question: have you ever seen a virus which
> has infected your linux box? If the answer is no (and I guess this is
> the case) then it is pointless to install an anti-virus for internal
> use.

uuuhhh.. see, clamAV's big use is that you can use clamav to scan for
windows/dos worms and viruses.. on nas boxes, or mail servers..

the biggest problem is that somewhere along the line someone forgot that
even working with a binary under an os other then its native execution
environment, does not make it "safe"..

-phar