Re: SF new column announcement: Linux worm overrated

From: Alex Nordstrom (lx_at_se.linux.org)
Date: 11/10/05

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:45:48 +0800

    Friday, 11 November 2005 00:13, Moderator wrote:
    > Linux worm overrated
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/368

    That may well be, but I've seen two attacks in the last week, one from
    an Indonesian host and one Taiwanese, so it's definitely out there. It
    looks more active at the moment than Nimda, which has declined a lot
    since this time last year (although that might have more to do with the
    fact that I since decided to drop all packets from China and South
    Korea).

    --
    Alex Nordstrom
    http://lx.n3.net/

    • US Educated Them. Gio+` La~nh Kan Pua!
      ... Attacks coming out of China are not only continuing, ... Chinese hackers show no signs of letting up. ... Secret U.S. State Department cables, ...
      (soc.culture.vietnamese)
    • RE: China Experience ?
      ... People get far more attacks from US than China, ... Subject: China Experience? ... In my experience the majority of network probes I see originate from the USA ... > This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: From Pakistan, Islamic Uighur leader vows more attacks on China
      ... China, Pakistan's only major ally in the region, has long urged ... spotlight on the largely Muslim Uighur ethnic minority from Xinjiang, ... We have plans for many attacks in China," he said, speaking in the ... keeps a low profile in Pakistan. ...
      (soc.culture.china)
    • Re: All China, All The Time
      ...  It's the machines I'm concerned with the attacks coming from those machine. ... machine is sourced in China doesn't mean the attacker is - so I have to do the best I can to defend against ... saying something against the Chinese themselves. ...  In the face of the reality of China's horribly infected network, ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • OT - Chinese going apeshit
      ... Killed in School Attack in China ... government efforts to limit more extensive coverage of the violence. ... The attacks have taken place across China and are presumably copycat ...
      (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)