Re: httpd and port 7200

From: Terry Dooher (tdooher.lists_at_naturalmotion.com)
Date: 10/24/05

    Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:20:22 +0100
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    tigerblue@puzzleapuma.de wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Ive just installed an apache on an redhat enterprise. On this machine is only an ssh and this apache, but when Im using the netstat -a command, I see the an open port tcp on 7200. When I use "fuser -v -n tcp 7200", to find out which process is behind this port I get this Info...
    >

    > 7200/tcp root 2031 f.... httpd
    [snip]
    > Any Idea ? The Port is in state "listen" and all other services are deactivated.

    Best guess is that some kind of dormant web-admin package has been activated
    when you started apache. Things like Webmin listen of different ports from the
    default 80.

    To find out what: grep -r 7200 /etc/apache/*

    (substitute /etc/apache for wherever RedHat keeps apache's config files these
    days)

    What to you get if you browse to http://>:7200?

    Terry.

    > best regards
    >
    > tigerblue

    • Re: Fedora Core 3 - upgrade notes
      ... > Is it a licensing issue? ... freely-available Web server based on work done by the Apache Software ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: SuSE 9 - Apache 1.3
      ... box" install of 9.0 and had to beat on apache to get the daemon started. ... I thought maybe it's because I had messed with the YaST Apache module, ... altered my startup scripts or module dependencies, ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: .Net Framework and apache
      ... I want to try and bring up a LAMP server on Ubuntu 6.06. ... Would the Apache server be able to facilitate the .Net Virtual ... This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Insecure handling of Apache restrictions?
    • Re: Database password security
      ... apache w/ php mod. ... "Michael Fesser" wrote in message ... where is a safe place to put such script files that the apache server is ...
      (comp.lang.php)