Re: httpd and port 7200

From: Terry Dooher (
Date: 10/24/05

    Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:20:22 +0100
    > Hi,
    > Ive just installed an apache on an redhat enterprise. On this machine is only an ssh and this apache, but when Im using the netstat -a command, I see the an open port tcp on 7200. When I use "fuser -v -n tcp 7200", to find out which process is behind this port I get this Info...
    > 7200/tcp root 2031 f.... httpd
    > Any Idea ? The Port is in state "listen" and all other services are deactivated.

    Best guess is that some kind of dormant web-admin package has been activated
    when you started apache. Things like Webmin listen of different ports from the
    default 80.

    To find out what: grep -r 7200 /etc/apache/*

    (substitute /etc/apache for wherever RedHat keeps apache's config files these

    What to you get if you browse to http://>:7200?

    > best regards
    > tigerblue

    • Re: Fedora Core 3 - upgrade notes
      ... > Is it a licensing issue? ... freely-available Web server based on work done by the Apache Software ...
    • Re: SuSE 9 - Apache 1.3
      ... box" install of 9.0 and had to beat on apache to get the daemon started. ... I thought maybe it's because I had messed with the YaST Apache module, ... altered my startup scripts or module dependencies, ...
    • Re: .Net Framework and apache
      ... I want to try and bring up a LAMP server on Ubuntu 6.06. ... Would the Apache server be able to facilitate the .Net Virtual ... This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. ...
    • Re: Database password security
      ... apache w/ php mod. ... "Michael Fesser" wrote in message ... where is a safe place to put such script files that the apache server is ...
    • Re: Insecure handling of Apache restrictions?