Re: routing_based_on_port/services

From: Joachim Schipper (j.schipper_at_math.uu.nl)
Date: 10/04/05

    Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:48:33 +0200
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:41:37AM -0000, kucserak@post.sk wrote:
    > Dear List!
    >
    > I just want to ask you a question.I have a linux(Secure platform) gateway server with 2 external ip address to the internet (one S/0 ADSl, second S/1 Point to Point) and one internal ip eth0 for my LAN. I need to split up the outgoing traffic.HTTP/HTTPS want to route through the ADSL and the rest of traffic (SMTP,POP3,FTP) through the Point to Point.Can i solve this with Linux iptables or whatever else. Any suggestion help..
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Chris

    I'm not quite an expert, but the following may point you in the right
    direction...

    iproute2 should be able to sort based on iptables/netfilter marks.
    IPTables can trivially be used to mark the correct streams.

    See iptables(8), ip(8).

    Something like

    # ip route add to unicast 0/0 table send_with_adsl dev eth1
    # ip rule add type unicast fwmark 1 table send_with_adsl

    should work; the above is just a quicky from reading the man page, never
    had a chance to try it myself... but it should get you going.

                    Joachim