Re: SMB : TCP/445 impossible to sniff a document sent to be printed to a MS Spooler Server

no_spam_at_me.com
Date: 08/25/05

    Date: 25 Aug 2005 09:14:54 -0000
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi,

    Nothing to prove, it's already unencrypted :)

    You can sniff the print job at two places:

    or between PC->print_server on TCP/445
    (RAW which is PS/TXT/PCL/ blabla or EMF in this case)

    or between Print_server->Printer on TCP/515 (LPR) or TCP/9100(Raw printer)
    (PS/TXT/PCL/HPGL/GDI/device dependent language in this case)

    Depending on the print processor used in Windows,
    sniffed print file (prn) will be either in PCL/TXT/PS/ .... (RAW print processor) or EMF

    You have viewer for each type of file (dig internet ...)

    For ex:
    EMF: EMF VIEWER (Win32)
    PS: GHOST SCRIPT/GHOST VIEW (LINUX/Win32)
    PCL: REDTITAN or SWIFTVIEW (Win32)

    HTH
    Regards
    traxx
    =================================
    Visit us at www.knowledgecave.com
    =================================

    • Re: Printing drivers architecture
      ... EMF, TEXT and RAW. ... PostScript, ESC/P or similar. ... There is also "pscript" SPL format, ...
    • Re: new XP wont print from my DOS application
      ... I went into my printer properties, Advanced Tab, select Print Processor button. ... I looked at my Windows 98 machine and under Spool Settings there are two choices: RAW and EMF. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: new XP wont print from my DOS application
      ... Cari ... > I went into my printer properties, Advanced Tab, select Print Processor ... The setting is on RAW. ... EMF is selected. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: genprint print processor and EMF
      ... The reason that you are getting RAW is because the decision on whether to ... spool EMF or RAW is made by GDI based on various factors. ... Printing directly to port ... >>even when the default data type is any of the EMF types. ...