RE: linux password cracking tools

From: Gusain, Subodh (subodh.gusain_at_hp.com)
Date: 08/24/05

    Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:41:27 -0400
    To: "Paul Aviles" <paviles@adjoined.com>

    Paul,

    The failed attempt locking mechanism that you mentioned can be implemented with PAM modules.

    See: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam.html
    And checkout
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-6.html#ss6.3

    Or some creative shell scripting tied in users login profiles