RE: linux password cracking tools

bernie_at_e-mich.com
Date: 08/24/05

    Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:37:44 -0400
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Take a look at www.rfxnetworks.com and their APf firewall it has BFD (brute
    force detection) which will lock out bad login attempts.

    Bernie--

    Quoting Paul Aviles <paviles@adjoined.com>:

    > Is there a way to lock passwords for lets say 5 minutes after so many
    > bad attempts and for them to reset automatically after certain
    > period? We do this under Windows and Netware and your email just made
    > me wonder under linux. Just curious if possible or any tips.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > -pa

      ... they first obtain your shadow and ... passwd, mix them up and then start breaking hashes. ... > There are so plenty password cracking tools around ... > - LM Crack ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • RE: linux password cracking tools
      ... Or some creative shell scripting tied in users login profiles ... Subject: linux password cracking tools ... Some should be more relevant than others, depending on what kind of passwords you want to crack:) ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • RE: linux password cracking tools
      ... There are so plenty password cracking tools around the web: ... John The Ripper ... Some should be more relevant than others, depending on what kind of passwords you want to crack:) ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • RE: linux password cracking tools
      ... There are so plenty password cracking tools around the web: ... Some should be more relevant than others, depending on what kind of passwords you want to crack:) ... De: paavan shah ... I want to check,the strength of my linux password against this cracking tools. ...
      (Focus-Linux)