Re: OPIE

From: Daniel Hulme (bugtraq_at_doublezero.uklinux.net)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:55:20 +0100
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    > > I'v been looking around a lot now, after opie (one time password in
    > > everything) related stuff. The orginal dev site was lokated at
    > > http://inner.net/opie/ but it seams like that link is dead.
    > > I know the opie project stalled in 1998 some times but some BSD
    > > people made a rewrite in 1999 but i cant find that eighter.
    > > Soo what is happening to all the otp/opie stuff? Does nobody use it
    > > anymore? Does anybody have some updated info about this, or know
    > > about anything else that can give me an otp login.

    > IIRC there is something similar on Linux but I don't recall if it is
    > OPIE or some other acronym as it has been a while since I looked into
    > this.

    Perhaps you are thinking of Markus Kuhn's OTPW?
    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/otpw.html
    "OTPW is not compatible with and is not derived from either S/KEY or
    OPIE. It is a completely independent and different design, which I
    believe fulfils my functional and security requirements better."
    It prints you a page of one-time passes. These are independent of
    one-another and chosen in random order. To protect against theft of the
    sheet, it also uses a constant (memorised) password. An attacker has to
    both steal the sheet and eavesdrop the password to break the scheme.

    --
    "The  rules  of  programming  are  transitory;  only  Tao  is  eternal.
     Therefore you  must contemplate Tao before you receive  enlightenment."

    • Re: Managing Macros
      ... Here are some general guidelines for organizing VBA code. ... the Sheet and the ThisWorkbook modules should contain ONLY ... Organize your modules to contain code of related functionality. ... VBA/VB6/VBNET programming, I have accumulated a library of about 200 ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Please can anyone help me? Big problem with date format.
      ... I'm fairly new to programming in excel. ... it fully completes a row on the sheet. ... On the top of each column, there is a sort function. ... the cells are set to be in date format. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Re: Excel not seeing 2nd COM Interface
      ... programming, there has got to be a way. ... content of the active sheet into a new sheet and do my voodoo there, ... >> error code 0x800a03ec. ... >> updating cell content. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Copy or Move row on condition to different and/or multiple sheets
      ... I'm new to the world of programming in excel but have programmed elsewhere ... Completed and a helper sheet. ... In all jobs i have 9 columns A-I ... and when changed to a different state (using the dropdown in I) they are ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)