Re: Content Filtering Firewall in Linux..

From: Glennie Vignarajah (glenny_at_nephthys.org)
Date: 08/18/05

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:59:48 +0200

    Le Wednesday 17 August 2005 12:46, Soi, Dhruv("Soi, Dhruv"
    <dsoi@ipolicynetworks.com>) disait:

    Hello,

    > Is anyone aware of such firewall in linux. I have used ipcop,
    > iptables, shorewall and have read that applying netfilter patch to
    > kernel for HEX search can provide such capability.

     If you want to filter HTTP or HTTPS you can try apache's
    mod-security module (http://www.mod-security.org/)

     For protocls such as edonkey or ftp have look at l7 Filter
    (http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net). They says it works at 7th Layer.
    So you may be able to filter all well known protocols. I haven't
    tried it. So, feedbacks are welcome !

    --
    Glennie
    "La vie offre toujours deux pentes. On grimpe ou on se laisse