Re: Content Filtering Firewall in Linux..

From: Craig Van Tassle (craig_at_codestorm.org)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:02:23 -0500 (CDT)
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On Wed, August 17, 2005 5:46 am, Soi, Dhruv wrote:
    > Is anyone aware of such firewall in linux. I have used ipcop, iptables,
    > shorewall and have read that applying netfilter patch to kernel for HEX
    > search can provide such capability. Would anyone of you like to put your
    > thoughts over it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dhruv

    IIRC ipcop has the ability to filter out via URL. Also there are various
    other methods. I just looked up the IPcop web site and they have add ons
    for various other things such. What you really seem to be looking for is
    a filtering proxy such as squid. I would look into that.

    HTH

    Craig Van Tassle

    • Re: Distro for firewall box
      ... I have used IPcop 1.4.10 on a few of sites for a while now and am very happy with it. ... If there isn't a pre-compiled addon that meets your needs it is possible to your own from source. ... I have added postfix, spamassassin, clamav and sqlgrey to one of my clients systems to protect a poor defenceless MS-Exchange system. ... I'm not familiar with Shorewall so can't help with a direct comparison. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: [OT] Favoured Firewall
      ... Am Mittwoch, den 25.04.2007, 15:05 -0400 schrieb Celejar: ... Well, on this list our favorite firewall is Shorewall, ... Mine's IPCop, though. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Firewall Utilities
      ... today I started setting up a new firewall box. ... been using ipcop, but they have some characteristics that I didn't care for. ... I use shorewall. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Firewall Utilities
      ... been using ipcop, but they have some characteristics that I didn't care for. ... I use shorewall. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Distro for firewall box
      ... I could just go for the current version of IPCop but OTOH I'm thinking ... Debian Sarge with Shorewall, both of which I already use might be a more ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)