Re: Certifications

From: Eduardo Kienetz (eduardok_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:20:46 -0300
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On 8/15/05, Chris H. <bluemason@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I would have a hard look at LPI Certifications - LPIC2 is highly
    > regarded... Linux+ is still really an intro Cert, even though they
    > just changed it to where 6 - 12 mos of experience are recommended.
    >
    > While RHCE is #1 to get, it is also costly; LPI are -very- reasonable.
    >
    > You can find info on LPI at http://www.lpi.org
    > On 8/15/05, Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu> wrote:
    > > Novell has some certifications for their Linux products.
    > > They're supposed to be mostly generic, but i'm sure there are
    > > a few things specific to SuSE linux.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
    > >
    > > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dev Anand wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi All ,
    > > >
    > > > I was going through www.giac.org which mentions highly about the GCUX.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins
    > > > here now and then ??
    > > >
    > > > Kindly adivse.
    > > >
    > > > Regarding the certifications for Linux , other than RHCE, do we have
    > > > anything good to mention something in admin side or forensic side of
    > > > Linux ??
    > > >
    > > > -Thanks
    > > > Deva

    I agree with Chris regarding RHCE and LPI. Although I should point
    that LPI 2 (LPI in fact) cert will go into the admin side and little
    to the forensic side. But I think it's a good start being it vendor
    neutral.

    Best regards,

    --
    Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz
    LPI Certified - Level 2

    • Re: realistic exam preps for LPI exams
      ... >>Having said that I am anything but a fan of certifications. ... Having just completed an LPI level 1 course and exams I can offer an up ... i)The unix/linux sys-admins among them learnt about kernel updating, x86 ... networking but learnt the linux way of doing things along with a whole ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Linux is not free nor is it an overall improvement from Windows 2000.
      ... > particular Redhat Linux, for over a year now as a solution that we can ... certifications to force everyone to recertify to their XP programs. ... I'm sure a lot had to do with the fact the Linux isn't Windows and does ... won't the Linux desktop users in my company be surprised....all 75% ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: which is the most respected Linux certification?
      ... >so Linux is the closest. ... As for certifications, I think you know I'm not impressed with them. ... was referred in because he has a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
      ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... > greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... certifications don't mean all that ...
      (comp.unix.questions)
    • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
      ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... > greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... certifications don't mean all that ...
      (comp.unix.misc)