Re: Certifications

From: Robert Hudock (rhudock_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/16/05

    To: "Chris H." <bluemason@gmail.com>
    Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:34:52 -0400

    I am interested in the LPI certification, I have been trying to track
    down up-to-date materials. Would anyone have any recommendations for
    good sources for preparation/ review.

    On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 23:12 -0300, Chris H. wrote:
    > I would have a hard look at LPI Certifications - LPIC2 is highly
    > regarded... Linux+ is still really an intro Cert, even though they
    > just changed it to where 6 - 12 mos of experience are recommended.
    >
    > While RHCE is #1 to get, it is also costly; LPI are -very- reasonable.
    >
    > You can find info on LPI at http://www.lpi.org
    >

    > On 8/15/05, Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu> wrote:
    > > Novell has some certifications for their Linux products.
    > > They're supposed to be mostly generic, but i'm sure there are
    > > a few things specific to SuSE linux.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
    > >
    > > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dev Anand wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi All ,
    > > >
    > > > I was going through www.giac.org which mentions highly about the GCUX.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins
    > > > here now and then ??
    > > >
    > > > Kindly adivse.
    > > >
    > > > Regarding the certifications for Linux , other than RHCE, do we have
    > > > anything good to mention something in admin side or forensic side of
    > > > Linux ??
    > > >
    > > > -Thanks
    > > > Deva

    • Re: Certifications
      ... > I am interested in the LPI certification, ... > recommendations for good sources for preparation/ review. ... strength and a weakness of the program. ... Alan McKinnon ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Certifications
      ... > I am interested in the LPI certification, I have been trying to track ... > good sources for preparation/ review. ... Certification Bible" (Ed. Hungry Minds Inc). ... We did not find books, but a Netherlands University (Snow ...
      (Focus-Linux)