Re: Certifications

From: Chris H. (bluemason_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/16/05

    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:12:34 -0300
    To: Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu>

    I would have a hard look at LPI Certifications - LPIC2 is highly
    regarded... Linux+ is still really an intro Cert, even though they
    just changed it to where 6 - 12 mos of experience are recommended.

    While RHCE is #1 to get, it is also costly; LPI are -very- reasonable.

    You can find info on LPI at http://www.lpi.org

    On 8/15/05, Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu> wrote:
    > Novell has some certifications for their Linux products.
    > They're supposed to be mostly generic, but i'm sure there are
    > a few things specific to SuSE linux.
    >
    > --
    > Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
    >
    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dev Anand wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All ,
    > >
    > > I was going through www.giac.org which mentions highly about the GCUX.
    > >
    > > Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins
    > > here now and then ??
    > >
    > > Kindly adivse.
    > >
    > > Regarding the certifications for Linux , other than RHCE, do we have
    > > anything good to mention something in admin side or forensic side of
    > > Linux ??
    > >
    > > -Thanks
    > > Deva

    • Re: RHCE
      ... > My company has decided to send me for Linux training. ... As SUSE is working with LPI on certs, ... LPI exams are more standard multiple choice exams. ... > to actually going on the course that RHCE would be the right way to go. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Celestron NexImage / Meade LPI
      ... ihr dann zum Aufnehmen empfehlen? ... Es sollten beide unter Linux ticken, die LPI mit dem sn9c102-Treiber; ... die NexImage ist angeblich eine ToUCam in Celestron-Verkleidung, ...
      (de.sci.astronomie)
    • Suggestions for LPI certification study guides
      ... Over the past 3 months I wrote and passed both the LPI101 and 102 exams. ... had only one years Linux experience as a home user, am not a sys-prog, ... LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Best Linux book for newbie?
      ... What, and where, is LPI? ... Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University ... You may have seen advertisements in Linux ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Best Linux Certiofication
      ... Orville Phillips wrote: ... LPI, Linux Professional Institute ... LPI runs distribution-neutral courses. ... * Price seems to be an argument against RHCE. ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)