Re: Certifications

From: Angel Rivera (angel_at_wolf.com)
Date: 08/15/05

    To: Brad Bendily <brad@selu.edu>
    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:16:49 GMT

    See below...

    Brad Bendily writes:

    > Novell has some certifications for their Linux products.
    > They're supposed to be mostly generic, but i'm sure there are
    > a few things specific to SuSE linux.
    >
    > --
    > Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
    >
    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dev Anand wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All ,
    >>
    >> I was going through www.giac.org which mentions highly about the GCUX.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins
    >> here now and then ??
    >>
    >> Kindly adivse.
    >>
    >> Regarding the certifications for Linux , other than RHCE, do we have
    >> anything good to mention something in admin side or forensic side of
    >> Linux ??

    CompTIA and LPI also have Linux certifications. These are vendor neutral.

    ARR
     ----
    "Of course we don't know what we're doing, that's why we call it research!"
     -Unknown

    • Re: Most Advanced Operating System in the World???
      ... Of course, Linux users tell me not to blame Linux, just the distros. ... Ubuntu" drumming in the background - but I've already jumped aboard ... As I remind the Linux admins (there is no such thing as just a Linux ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Running more than one service on one box
      ... > you'll get scared hehe, besides that, like you already mentioned, IIS has a ... Linux admins tend to know more than NT admins ... the Linux bandwagon the same way people jumped on the NT bandwagon. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: DTrace vs. Strace (was Re: The sorry state of SUNW)
      ... > We see this a lot with Linux admins. ... then thinks said operating system is the greatest thing since sliced bread ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: DTrace vs. Strace (was Re: The sorry state of SUNW)
      ... > We see this a lot with Linux admins. ... then thinks said operating system is the greatest thing since sliced bread ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • RE: Certifications
      ... In memoriam: http://www.militarycity.com/valor/1029976.html ... > Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins ... > Regarding the certifications for Linux, other than RHCE, do we ...
      (Focus-Linux)