Re: Certifications

From: Brad Bendily (brad_at_selu.edu)
Date: 08/15/05

    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:20:53 -0500 (CDT)
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Novell has some certifications for their Linux products.
    They're supposed to be mostly generic, but i'm sure there are
    a few things specific to SuSE linux.

    --
    Brad Bendily - CNA/CLE
    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dev Anand wrote:
    > Hi All ,
    >
    > I was going through www.giac.org which mentions highly about the GCUX.
    >
    > Has anyone got any idea on the scope of it for current Linux Admins
    > here now and then ??
    >
    > Kindly adivse.
    >
    > Regarding the certifications for Linux , other than RHCE, do we have
    > anything good to mention something in admin side or forensic side of
    > Linux ??
    >
    > -Thanks
    > Deva

    • Re: Linux is not free nor is it an overall improvement from Windows 2000.
      ... > particular Redhat Linux, for over a year now as a solution that we can ... certifications to force everyone to recertify to their XP programs. ... I'm sure a lot had to do with the fact the Linux isn't Windows and does ... won't the Linux desktop users in my company be surprised....all 75% ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: which is the most respected Linux certification?
      ... >so Linux is the closest. ... As for certifications, I think you know I'm not impressed with them. ... was referred in because he has a CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
      ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... > greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... certifications don't mean all that ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
      ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... > greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... certifications don't mean all that ...
      (comp.unix.questions)
    • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
      ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... > greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... certifications don't mean all that ...
      (comp.unix.misc)