Re: Certifications

From: Ayaz Ahmed Khan (ayaz_at_pakcon.org)
Date: 08/14/05

    Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:50:00 +0600 (PKST)
    To: Dev Anand <deva.security@gmail.com>

    • Re: Linux client in Windows Domain (Security Advice)
      ... The user using the linux machine is part of our IT team and has full admin rights on the system as he would generally act as a back up to me in my absence. ... The machine should never have been introduced to the network in the first place however it was introduced when I was on leave with the backing of the head of IT who was not aware of the possible issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Friend is interested to learn Linux Sys admin, will it help for his Career?
      ... I wouldn't say that you "don't know shit". ... > Being familiar with more than just Linux but also SCO, Solaris, ... A good Linux admin is also at least a halfway ... sysadmins keep the boxes running. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Linux client in Windows Domain (Security Advice)
      ... I am responsible for the Network. ... The user using the linux machine is part of our IT team and has full admin ... > security measures controled via group policy etc. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: S: ssh worms FAQ
      ... Linux distribution if these policies are not already built-in at the ... Certainly the serious versions of Windows, logging on to a server, have ... having very poor security, but the server versions are capable of good ... NO menace for GOOD admin from there. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Vista makes me crazy, please help.
      ... You obviously have not worked with systems other then windows - or you ... mainstream platform allows it's users to run as an admin by default. ... I don't use Linux or Mac. ... Any applications that need root access will usually prompt for a password. ...