Re: Passwords on Linux systems(for all flavors)

From: Dwayne Ghant (dghant_at_temple.edu)
Date: 07/11/05

    Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:07:40 -0700
    To: Glynn Clements <glynn@gclements.plus.com>

    What about unicode charectors in passwords.

    --
    Dwayne A. Ghant
    Application Developer

    • Tab chars are a gotcha in Update editor w/ accuterm
      ... So Telnet from microsoft is out. ... the linux man pages, in that they have a few characters ... Accuterm thus far does not seem to support Unicode, ... it nicely puts up some garbage characters onscreen to show ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Horribly overdue update to unicode.txt
      ... of the Linux Assigned Names And Numbers Authority project. ... The Linux kernel code has been rewritten to use Unicode to map ... In particular, ESC (U is no longer "straight to font", since the font ... Actual characters assigned in the Linux Zone ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: dot matrix printer unicode question
      ... garbage on sveral pages when I try printing out a 13 line long text ... with a real dos computer? ... additional characters. ... "COPY file LPT1" will do exactly what the Linux cat command does, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Unicode-based FreeBSD
      ... This is clearly an area where FreeBSD is lacking. ... Does Linux really display and render all Chinese ... of characters, there are also such things as precomposed-decomposed ... Non-X console in graphical mode. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Fast UTF-8 strlen function
      ... > How do I print a UTF-8 string to the console in Linux? ... technically able to render all those characters... ... Did you see my "Japanese Hello World" example? ...
      (alt.lang.asm)