Passwords on Linux systems(for all flavors)

shyaam_at_gmail.com
Date: 07/09/05

    Date: 9 Jul 2005 16:12:40 -0000
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Dear Group members/list,
    I would like to know the place where I can find the linux password constraints for the various linux flavors. What I mean is the details like number of key spaces or the key length, the types of charactors that can be used, the restrictions and the number of times the password can be tried if not infinite, etc. I am in need of these details very urgently, so please do help me on this topic.

    Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
    Yours Sincerely,
    R.S.Shyaam Sundhar