Re: generalInfo

From: Mark Tombaugh (
Date: 06/24/05

To: "Jan Ciesko (UNI)" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:43:05 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:44 +0200, Jan Ciesko (UNI) wrote:
> Does Apache have any APIs (some kind of performance objects,

Yes, via SNMP or mod_status

> like the MS Web
> server has, so I can easily find those information I need) or do I have to
> analyze (parse) the log file?

To analyze performance via SNMP, use a script like RRDUtil
or roll your own.

mod_status is very straightforward. Some distros include it (RedHat?),
you might already have stats at /server-status.

> Btw., what visualization tool do you recommend me for making graphs out of
> the data I get from the Apache log parsing? (So I can use them in a web
> page)

After some tinkering, I think you will find that Apache offers more
useful statistics than WMI/IIS does. Take care,

Mark Tombaugh Allied Computer Corp
Research Triangle Park tel:(919)598-8900