Re: generalInfo

From: Sean Sullivan (sean_at_sfsullivan.org)
Date: 06/23/05

    Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:57:44 -0400
    To: Jacob Bresciani <jacob@bresciani.ca>

    Hello everybody,

    >>Because of the fact, that there are so many posts related to the Apache Web
    >>Server, I decided to ask you the following question: J
    >>
    >>I'm using Apache on Solaris and I want to make a usage statistics. (Which
    >>files were accessed to day / last moth / last year?)
    >>
    >>Does Apache have any APIs (some kind of performance objects, like the MS Web
    >>server has, so I can easily find those information I need) or do I have to
    >>analyze (parse) the log file?
    >>
    >>In the web I've just found the -log-file-parsing-solution advice.
    >>

    >>Btw., what visualization tool do you recommend me for making graphs out of
    >>the data I get from the Apache log parsing? (So I can use them in a web
    >>page)
    >>

    >>Thanks a lot.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>

    >>Jan Ciesko
    >>Microsoft Student Partner @ FAU - Erlangen
    >>E-Mail: jan.ciesko@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de

    I have used both awstats and webalizer. Webalizer is probably more
    secure out of the gate, but awstats creates a nicer stats page and can
    be used securely. I installed it into /usr/local/ and then created a
    script to run via cron job and build a static page twice a day for
    checking stats like:
    ---------------------
    #!/bin/bash

    perl /usr/local/awstats/awstats.pl -config=<your_domain> -update

    perl /usr/local/awstats/awstats.pl -config=<your_domain> -output
    -staticlinks > \
           /root/web/stats.html
    --------------------

    That will build a page (stats.html) in /root/web/ for later viewing. It
    was an easy way around the security concerns I have seen when running
    awstats CGI.

    -Sean

    • Re: Website Usage
      ... > Does anyone know of a sensible solution for monitoring the amount of ... > data transfered by each name based virtualhost in apache 1.3? ... Awstats works very well and it will tell you the bandwidth used. ...
      (freebsd-isp)
    • Re:B&W Awstats Reports
      ... 1- My Apache web server is working now. ... 2- I unistalled awstats-6.8-1.noarch.rpm and installed awstats ... reflect your AWStats install path. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: sarge / apache 2.0.50 / awstats 6.1-2
      ... In case if anyone is having the same issue, I was able to get awstats working ... # Directives to add to your Apache conf file to allow use of AWStats as a CGI. ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: www statistics ?
      ... RJ45 wrote: ... > Hello I tryed to use awstats to make statistic pages of my apache 1.3 ... > server but it does not work fine. ... > anyone is using any other nice tool to create statistic pages for apache ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: dynamic lib ignored even after "found" in "install_driver(Oracle) failed: Cant load..." cgi prob
      ... libclntsh.so under /usr/lib, which is a location that apache seems to trust, as opposed to where i had originally placed this directory. ... or any of the libraries located there. ... The runtime linker categorizes a process as secure if the ... additional trusted directories applicable for secure appli- ...
      (perl.dbi.users)