generalInfo

From: Jan Ciesko (UNI) (Jan.Ciesko_at_informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: 06/22/05

    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:44:53 +0200

    Hello everybody,

    Because of the fact, that there are so many posts related to the Apache Web
    Server, I decided to ask you the following question: J

    I'm using Apache on Solaris and I want to make a usage statistics. (Which
    files were accessed to day / last moth / last year?)

    Does Apache have any APIs (some kind of performance objects, like the MS Web
    server has, so I can easily find those information I need) or do I have to
    analyze (parse) the log file?

    In the web I've just found the -log-file-parsing-solution advice.

    Btw., what visualization tool do you recommend me for making graphs out of
    the data I get from the Apache log parsing? (So I can use them in a web
    page)

    Thanks a lot.

    Regards,

    Jan Ciesko
    Microsoft Student Partner @ FAU - Erlangen
    E-Mail: jan.ciesko@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de

    • Re: apache question
      ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ... Directives that control the operation of the Apache server process as ...
      (alt.php)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
      ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
      ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Apache and SSL
      ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # This is the main Apache server configuration file. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Apache vs IIS
      ... Windows Server not on my Linux Server so there for I would chose IIS. ... Not that Apache is bad but ASP.NET is far easier and faster to create good web forms in. ... PHP on a IIS server is rather easy to run once you install PHP on a PC but if you only use PHP why not use Apache for Windows. ...
      (alt.php)