Apache issue

anita.salerno_at_talk21.com
Date: 06/22/05

    Date: 22 Jun 2005 07:44:03 -0000
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hello,
    I'm using Apache/2.0.52 on Fedora Core 3. I've copied the configuration file of the previous apache's version on a Redhat, as I do everytime when upgrading to a new version of Apache (I configured only the new httpd.conf manually), and now the problem is that none of the security measures is working, I'm bypassing all of them (.htaccess and ip list specification).

    The mod_access module is enabled.

    In my httpd.conf, I have:

    AllowOverride All

    <Directory /www/html/directory/rzone>
            Order Allow,Deny
            Allow from 10.0.10.
            Deny from all
    </Directory>

    My .htaccess is:
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName Welcome
    AuthUserFile /www/html/directory/rzone/.htmdp

    <Limit GET POST>
            require valid-user

            Order Allow,Deny
            Allow from 10.0.10.
            Deny from all
    </Limit>

    When I was desprate, I've configured the access file as follow:

    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all

    and I still have access to the web site.

    Any idea ?