Re: Secure Kickstart Installation

From: Mathieu KRETCHNER (m.kretchner_at_siig.u-bordeaux.fr)
Date: 05/25/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:02:52 +0200

    Hi,

    Me and my team have installed approximativly all the packages. But we
    have choosen to configure only services that we need. So we can add
    services withtout new installation !
    For my own it's a political choice.

    Regards.

    Jennifer Fountain a écrit :

    >Hi all:
    >
    >I am looking to create a secure standard kickstart configuration file
    >for my RHEL 3 servers. Right now, I am currently looking into what
    >packages I need to install. I want to ensure I install everything I
    >need but not install what isn't needed. Could anyone share with me
    >their package list? Or a copy of their std secure ks?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!
    >
    >Kind Regards,
    >
    >Jennifer Fountain
    >Systems Administrator/Security
    >R&B Distribution
    >3400 E Walnut Street
    >Colmar, PA 18915
    >
    >.

    • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
      ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
      ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed
      ... So tried to upgrade OO to 2.0 but Apt refused to do so. ... Aptitude doesn't show anything but Wajig shows unmet dependency for kdelibs-data. ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: agsync arson barcode brahms cdda2wav cddb digikam digikamimageplugins gmessage guarddog guidedog hotswap-gui hotswap-text i2e id3v2 kbarcode kbear kbiff kdebase-dev kdirstat kile kimdaba klog klogic kmymoney2 knetfilter knutclient komba2 kover kprof kpsk krusader ksimus ksimus-boolean ksimus-datarecorder ksimus-floatingpoint ksocrat ksocrat-data kvdr kvirc kvirc-data kvirc-doc kwavecontrol kxmleditor lesstif2 libdynamite libimlib2-dev libkonq4-dev libmimedir liborange ... ChatagnierL-Home:/temp# wajig install openoffice.org Reading Package Lists... ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
      ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
      ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)