Re: Any way to automatically change arbitrary headers of IP packets on-the-fly?

From: Sebastian Muńiz (seba_at_mtss.dnsalias.org)
Date: 04/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:14:21 -0500
    To: Joćo Paulo Caldas Campello <protecao@gmail.com>

    > The question is:
    >
    > - Does already exist such a tool, module or whatever way to change
    > arbitrary headers of IP packets on-the-fly or will I have to (try to)
    > write one? =)

    I have never used it but there is a kernel module that calls himself
    "Packet Generator" and warns "Use with care"
      Symbol: NET_PKTGEN [=m]

       Prompt: Packet Generator (USE WITH CAUTION)

        Defined at net/Kconfig:615

            Depends on: NET && PROC_FS

            Location:

            -> Device Drivers

             -> Networking support

              -> Networking support (NET [=y])

               -> Networking options

                -> Network testing
    Seems you can go on reading
    file:Documentation/networking/pktgen.txt

    Regards.
    Sebastian Muńiz

    • Re: Any way to automatically change arbitrary headers of IP packets on-the-fly?
      ... "Packet Generator" and warns "Use with care" ... Seems you can go on reading ... Regards. ... Sebastian Muńiz ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Ping Franc Zabkar
      ... If you care to reply to it I'd be appreciative: regards ... reading the schematic for the WM-D6C you provided. ...
      (sci.electronics.repair)
    • Re: Hope for Yads?
      ... at any point in the story care about any person in it. ... I've been wrapped up in reading sequels lately. ... Yesterday I reread hunks of Ilona Andrews third in her Atlanta magic ... "kickboxing on ice" story I'm doing! ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)
    • Re: Hope for Yads?
      ... Hey, thanks! ... at any point in the story care about any person in it. ... I've been wrapped up in reading sequels lately. ... What's YOUR troll anthem, then? ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)
    • Re: Hope for Yads?
      ... I found myself reading at stoplights because I was that sucked into the story. ... Usually if I can't care about the person, I don't bother with the book. ... Yesterday I reread hunks of Ilona Andrews third in her Atlanta magic series, Magic Strikes, and then read Pride by Rachel Vincent. ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)