Re: Any way to automatically change arbitrary headers of IP packets on-the-fly?

From: Sebastian Muńiz (seba_at_mtss.dnsalias.org)
Date: 04/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:14:21 -0500
    To: Joćo Paulo Caldas Campello <protecao@gmail.com>

    > The question is:
    >
    > - Does already exist such a tool, module or whatever way to change
    > arbitrary headers of IP packets on-the-fly or will I have to (try to)
    > write one? =)

    I have never used it but there is a kernel module that calls himself
    "Packet Generator" and warns "Use with care"
      Symbol: NET_PKTGEN [=m]

       Prompt: Packet Generator (USE WITH CAUTION)

        Defined at net/Kconfig:615

            Depends on: NET && PROC_FS

            Location:

            -> Device Drivers

             -> Networking support

              -> Networking support (NET [=y])

               -> Networking options

                -> Network testing
    Seems you can go on reading
    file:Documentation/networking/pktgen.txt

    Regards.
    Sebastian Muńiz