RE: Samba vs NFS

From: Aditya Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh_at_online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: 02/26/05

    To: "'Jacob Bresciani'" <jacob@bresciani.ca>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:46:47 +0530

    Nfs works across the server reboots - samba does not... My main server is
    nfs for this reason

    • Re: SuSE 9.1 ROCKS!
      ... > SuSE 91 let me down a little, being unable to import NFS or SMB shares ... with a 8.2 server for quite some time, using both NFS and Samba shares ... < snip bottom quote> ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: NFS configuration. I am using kubuntu / ubuntu and installing packages with apt-get
      ... If you need a GUI to configure NFS, ... Samba is slower, but it is much more forgiving IME. ... make a Linux machine present SMB shares to clients, you install Samba, ... late and owns the worm farm. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: mount -p and NFS options
      ... doesn't have to be in fstab format; I just need to be able to see ... struct statfs), and it mostly works. ... The problem goes away if I change rsize/wsize from 32K down to 16K or the default 8K, at least with TCP mounts. ... I don't know why it was libc consistently getting misread and why other files seem to always work, or why mounting other NFS filesystems with a 32K blocksize work fine... ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: nfs filesystems can not be mounted automatically after reboot
      ... I have the following fstab. ... The nfs filesystem can not be ... I have to run 'mount -a' to mount ... I'm not sure if the server support nfs4 or not. ...
      (Ubuntu)