Re: [U] Re: Samba vs NFS

From: Santiago Ciciliani (santiago.ciciliani_at_elserver.com)
Date: 02/22/05

    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:43 -0300

    There is a way to use NFS over Windows.
    Microsoft released the SFU pack (services for Unix) freely (!).
    You can find there a NFS client and server.

    If you are in a LAN you better use a W2k/XP/2k+3 server using Kerberos V.5
    to be sure that nobody (until now) can retrieve the passwords using hash
    tables on a rainbow crack.
    If your server must be a Linux then use SAMBA its safer to configure.

    Regards,

    Santiago, from Argentina